In less than an hour, I will be on my way to Minnesota for the weekend, where I will potentially working toward a number of items on my list.
1. Meeting my new baby nephew! While being an aunt wasn’t officially on my list, it was an unwritten item, and I can’t wait to see baby Elden!
2. Watching Lord of the Rings with my sister. Yes, I’ve never seen any of the LOTRs. I’ve tried at least 4 times and have fallen asleep about 45 minutes in every time. I am determined to watch these movies if it kills me. (Okay, not really. But I’m going to try really hard.) This will be a step toward watching all the Oscar Best Picture films. Plus, I could have sworn I had watching this trilogy on the list too, but I guess I forgot to write it.
3. Visiting a new state. I’ve never been to Minnesota, so after this weekend I will be able to cross off one more on my list of states I’ve visited.
4. While not an official to-do item, I can also add to my list of airports I’ve visited, which has grown much longer in the past year or so. I really need to get around to actually typing up that list.
5. Maybe visit the Mall of America? Not sure if that will happen on this trip, since the trip is going to revolve around the baby. But maybe if I get a chance, I’ll get to cross this one off. Otherwise, on another trip out to visit my sister and her family.
6. Run in a new state. (Okay, I lied about not being about running.) I was going to sign up for a 5K in Minneapolis this weekend, but again, with the baby, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to commit. So I won’t be running a race in Minnesota, but I have all my gear packed and will be doing a long run for my marathon training. That will make my list of states I’ve run in to:
- Illinois (race)
- Colorado (training run)
- California (race)
- Wisconsin (training run)
- Michigan (training run)
- Minnesota (training run)
7. Read more books. I am looking forward to the plane rides and the time just lounging on my sister’s couch reading over the weekend. Hopefully I can get caught up on my 50 Books in a Year goal.
Looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend, and hoping to come back feeling both refreshed and as if I accomplished something.