In the past I have only posted when I have crossed something off my list, or made some really good progress on something. This year, however, I’d like to start posting a little more regularly. One of the ways I’d like to do this is by having a monthly update, a status report of sorts.
I think this will be a good way to keep myself on task, stay focused on the many projects I have going on at any given time, and let you all know when I’ve been slacking. It’s also fun because I plan on doing it in list form. (Yay, lists!)
So for my first month, here’s a little rundown of what I’ve been up to in January.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 2
Miles Run: 30
Races registered for: 3
- 2/26 – Warm Your Heart Indoor 5K
- 3/25 – Shamrock Shuffle 8K
- 5/26 – Soldier Field 10 Mile
Books Read: 6
Books in progress: 4 (This is going to become an issue. Not a fan of reading multiple books at once!)
- eBook – The Marriage Plot
- audio book – American on Purpose
- print book – The Road to McCarthy
- YA book of the moment – The Skin I’m In
Big Projects of January:
- Completing the Disney Marathon
- Starting a brand-new job
- Attempting to read more books.
- Attempting to read more YA books for my new job.
Aspirations for February:
- Continuing to learn my new job
- Taking a short break from running
- Read, read, read
- Enjoy my annual “hibernation mode” where I don’t want to leave the house at all until spring
- Trying to leave the house occasionally so as not to get cabin fever, and not completely lose touch with my friends
- Ski trip
- Cake decorating class
- Register for the CARA Six Nights Series
- Find a new hobby/class/craft to start on in March