March went by even faster than February did. Maybe it was the spring and even summer-like weather we had that made time fly. It was also full of running-related adventures (though not much actual running – more race registrations and therapy sessions), St. Patrick’s Day fun, and finally getting out of the house to see friends and drink beers on patios.
Here’s a quick recap of the month.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 1 – Riverdance!
Miles Run: 22.75 – Better than last month, but still working on increasing my mileage while avoiding more knee pains
Races Registered For: I can’t even keep track anymore. Here’s my upcoming race calendar to date.
- 4/7 – Bunny Rock 5K
- 4/28 – Lakefront 10 Miler (free entry from CARA raffle)
- 5/26 – Soldier Field 10 Miler
- 6/2 – The Color Run
- 9/2 – Disneyland Half Marathon
- 9/9 – Chicago Half Marathon
Books Read: 1 – I was pretty bad this month about reading. I started at least 4 different books and didn’t finish any of them. Instead, I spent a lot of my reading time listing to One-Minute Irish podcasts, watching every episode of Downton Abbey at least once, and watching NCAA basketball games to check on my March Madness brackets. I hope to get back to reading more in April.
Accomplishments for March:
- Started physical therapy for my knee.
- Tried to learn a little bit of Irish using the One Minute Irish podcasts mentioned above
- Attended a homemade pasta class through Dabble.
- Watched my NCAA bracket make it into first place. It probably won’t stay there through the weekend, but I currently have all four Final Four teams in it, so I still have a fighting chance!
- Registered for a workout package at Indigo Studio in my office building, and so far I have taken two classes there.
- Hung out with my adorable nephew and my sister when they were in town earlier this month.
I did not make corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s Day this year, and currently still have uncooked corned beef in my fridge. I need to make that before it goes bad!
Goals for April
- Increase my mileage so I can at least finish the Lakefront 10 Miler in some form. (Preferably upright)
- Get a hair cut for the first time in about 6 months.
- Go to the dentist before my dental insurance runs out.
- Take more classes at Indigo.
- Read more.
- See Snow Patrol at the Aragon.
- Celebrate my birthday!
- Meet my friend’s new baby.
- Keep checking in for cheaper airfare to California for Labor Day.
- Revamp my blog.
Stay tuned to see how I do!