Every summer I made a summer to-do list to help me focus on all the things I want to do during my favorite season of the year. The list often looks pretty similar every year, but with a few new things added, and a few things left off that I may have outgrown from summers prior.
Being Memorial Day and the unofficial (or, maybe it’s official) kickoff of summer, today is the perfect day to make my list.
Go to the beach at least once.– Yesterday! (But hopefully I will be going many more times this summer!)
- Have a drink at Castaways.
- Go to Great America
- Run with my Team Bookin’ It training group.
- Go to Mayfest
- Volunteer for a street fest. (Mayfest this weekend. Look for me at the food tent on Fri afternoon or at the beer tent Saturday evening!)
Go to a pool.Went today, but I’d like to go again.
- Have a picnic.
- Read a book in Oz Park.
- Run along the lake. (Kind of silly for this one to even be on here this year.)
- See 16 Candles play at a street festival.
- Go to Ravinia.
- Go out onto Lake Michigan.
See fireworks.– (5.30.12 – Urban Kayak firework tour!)
- See a parade.
Kayak the Chicago River.(5.30.12 – two birds, one stone.)
- See Megan and Sandra.
- See the SMM crew.
- Go on vacation.
- Go camping. (Possibly a fall activity)
- Take a “Cary Day”.
- See Buckingham Fountain lit up at night. (I was just thinking yesterday how I live so close, but the last time I’ve seen this was when I was about 10!)
- Have a drink at a rooftop beer garden.
- Get some sun at a ballgame.
- Play bags.
- Eat dinner on the balcony.
- Drink sangria and/or margaritas on a patio.
- Have custard from Scooters.
- Have a Lake House weekend.
- Go to an outdoor concert.
- Have an entire weekend day with NO plans, to do whatever I feel like doing that day.
I’m sure I forgot a few things. What is on your summer must-do list?