I finally caved and registered for the Chicago Rock n Roll Half.
I’ve been debating registering for this for months now, primarily because I think the RnR series is WAY too overpriced. I mean, even today with a $20 discount for National Running Day, the race still cost me $100. That is way over my price range for races (other than Disney, which is still pricey but at least you’re at Disney!)
However, the prices are only going to continue to go up, and the way I have been obsessing over this I knew I’d probably end up caving at the last minute and costing myself even more money. So, I took advantage of the “discount” to get myself signed up for the Rock N Roll Chicago.
As they say…
And now, some numbers to prove I am insane.
- This will be race 8 of 10 CARA runs.
- It makes a total of 16 races in 2012 (so far).
- This will be the 4th half marathon I’m registered for this summer.
- It brings my total race mileage for the year to 132.75.
- And I am not even going to count how many dollars I’ve spent on registrations.
After this, I seriously will be better about my race registrations. For the rest of the year, I am going to only register for races that work toward my three goals: CARA participation, A Race a Month, or Run in all 50 States. And I am seriously sticking with my price limits. No more expensive races, and NO MORE ROCK n ROLL! I hate you, RNR. I really do!