So, June turned out to be quite different than I had expected. Such is life, though, right? Here’s a quick summary.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 0
Miles Run: 32 – I took a much-needed running hiatus after a very rough 13.1. Official Chicago Half Marathon training has begun, but my milage is a lot lower than it was last month for now. I will slowly work my way back up.
Races Run: 2 – The Color Run, and the Allstate 13.1
CARA Participation Award Update: 6 completed. 2 additional registered.
- 7/21 – Muddy Buddy
- 7/22 – Rock n Roll Half
- 8/12 – Chicago 10k
- 9/2 – Disneyland Half
- 9/9 – Chicago Half
Books Read: 1. Another fail.
Accomplishments for June:
- Had a fabulous and relaxing trip to Hilton Head Island, and came back with a great tan!
- Crossing off a new state from my list of states I’ve visited.
- Met some of the Chicago Running Bloggers in person, despite the fact that I was half asleep pre-race, and I took so long to finish the race, that I missed the post-race meetup.
- Started up summer reading programs at work, and we’re off to a great start.
- Lost my mind and registered for Rock N Roll half and the Rock n Mud challenge.
- Passed the halfway point for my Team Bookin’ It fundraising goal.
- Started official half marathon training.
- Seeing my grade school friends at our summer reunion picnic.
- Booked my hotel for Disneyland.
- Started tutoring for an adorable boy with Down Syndrome.
- Only reading one book this month. (Again.)
- Not doing any yoga.
- Not attending any classes at the fitness studio in my building once a week.
- Not meeting my running goals for the month.
- Find a new apartment.
- Find someone to come to Disneyland with me.
- Seriously read more than one book.
- Celebrate Logie’s first birthday/4th of July.
- Conquer my irrational fear of beach volleyball.
- Have a drink at Castaways.
- Finish the Rock n Mud Challenge.
- Have a Girl’s Night with my favorite college ladies.
- Attend the Milwaukee Brewfest.
- Get a group together for the CARA 6 Nights Series.
- Be better about keeping a personal journal.