As much as I am saddened when summer months come to an end, I think I am very ready for July to be over. This past month probably ranks in the top three worst months of my entire life, and I am so ready to move on.
But, as they say, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and I am looking forward to an August that brings many fresh changes.
Here are the monthly stats. (Which actually make the month look a lot better than it actually was.)
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 1 – Complete the Muddy Buddy race
Miles Run: 55.6, plus however many I ran during the Muddy Buddy.
Races Run: 4 – Bastille Day 5K, Muddy Buddy, Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon, and Run for Gus
CARA Participation Award Update: 8 completed. 2 additional registered.
- 8/12 – Chicago 10k
- 9/2 – Disneyland Half
- 9/9 – Chicago Half
Books Read: Zero. But the good news is, when I move, I will finally have a train ride to read on my commute again.
Accomplishments for July:
- Found a new apartment. (Thank GOD!)
- Celebrated Logie’s first birthday/4th of July.
- Had a drink at Castaways.
- Finished the Rock n Mud Challenge.
- Survived running 3 races in 6 days.
- Had a Girl’s Night with my favorite college ladies.
- Pulled myself together and overcame a very difficult month.
Goals for August
- Move into my new apartment.
- Get a massage at Urban Oasis.
- Cut back on spending.
- Work on speed training once a week.
- Attend my friends’ BBQ and housewarming parties in the ‘burbs.
- Guest bartend at Nisei Lounge to raise money for Team Bookin’ It.
- Book my flights to MN for my nephew’s first birthday.
- Leave for Disneyland!
- Have a better month than July.