Wow. August flew by.
It was full of packing and unpacking, running and resting, hellos and goodbyes. I called two different places home this month, and said good bye to a friend who moved to Boston, and to the boy I will no longer be tutoring since his family moved away. It was an end of sorts, and also a new beginning.
Here’s a recap.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 1 – Make a cork board out of wine corks.
Miles Run: 41.3
Races Run: 1 – Chicago 10K
CARA Participation Award Update: 9 completed. 1 to go!
Books Read: 1, but finally reading on a regular basis again on my new commute!
Concerts Attended: 2 – My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses, and Whiskey of the Damned/Kevin Flynn
Pieces of IKEA Furniture Assembled: 1.5 – dresser still in progress
Trips to the Suburbs: 3
Accomplishments for August
- Was offered a summer travel leader position for next summer.
- Moved into my new apartment.
- Treated myself to two massages – one with an Urban Oasis gift card, and a pre-race sports massage.
- Guest bartended at Nisei Lounge and raised over $700 for Team Bookin’ It!
- Booked my flights to MN for my nephew’s first birthday.
- Planned and organized a group White Sox outing.
- Left for Disneyland!
Goals for September
- Earn my Coast to Coast medal.
- Meet my Team Bookin’ It fundraising goal.
- Get a half marathon PR.
- Complete the Windy City Challenge.
- Complete eligibility to the Half Fanatics by running two half marathons in 8 days.
- Celebrate my nephew’s first birthday.
- Attend Guinness and Oyster Fest
- Try really hard to not eat out more than once a week.
- Finish 3 books.
- Survive the craziest month of the year at work.
- Sign up for the gym and start doing other forms of exercise besides running.