Tomorrow is a big day for me.
Exactly one year ago, I was sitting here nervously awaiting my very first half marathon. I was running the Chicago Half Marathon for Open Books, terrified because I had never run that far before. Now, one year later, I half 5 half marathons and a full marathon under my belt. I have run 18 races in 2012 alone.
Tomorrow, as the anniversary of my first half, will be a celebratory day.
It will also be a day that I will hopefully accomplish several goals I have set for myself. I think I have a good chance at accomplishing most of them, but I could still use some positive thoughts sent my way.
Tomorrow I hope to:
- Finish the Chicago Half Marathon, with a PR. (This is one goal I am especially nervous about, because I am afraid I used up my PR energy last weekend at Disney.)
- Complete the Windy City Challenge, by finishing both the Allstate 13.1 and the Chicago Half Marathon.
- Support Open Books by running with Team Bookin’ It, and reaching my fundraising goal.
- Qualify for the Half Fanatics by running two half marathons (in two different states!) in 8 days.
- Earn my CARA Participation Award by running my 10th CARA Certified race this year.
See you at the finish line!