Wow. What a month. I can hardly believe everything I managed to cram into September. Here’s a recap.
Races Run: 4.
States Run In: 3 – Illinois, California, and Minnesota
Miles Run: 35.4 (All but 3 of those miles were in races).
Medals Earned: 4.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 5! (All running-related)
- Earn the Disney Coast-to-Coast Medal
- Complete the Windy City Challenge
- Earn a CARA Participation Award
- Qualify for the Half Fanatics
- Win my age group
Books Read: 2
Concerts Attended: 2 – Ben Howard and Ben Folds Five
Professional Athletes I Shared A Drink With: 1.
- Getting to celebrate my nephew’s first birthday and cuddling with him.
- Seeing Ben Howard live.
- Getting 7 new interns at work and learning how to manage them.
- The end of the CPS teachers’ strike so that we could finally start up some of our reading programs.
- Beer and bacon tasting at Paddy Long’s
- Guinness and Oyster Fest
- Hanging out with Jake Peavy
- Growing Up with Harry Potter/J.K Rowling Book Release Party
Goals for October
- Sign up for the gym.
- Work out 3 times a week.
- Monster Dash half marathon. (NOT aiming for a PR)
- Be more consistent in using MyFitnessPal
- Read the new J.K. Rowling Book
- Lose at least 5 lbs
- Win my “no drinking” bet with a friend.
- Invite people over for dinner, instead of going out to eat.
- Decide on my November race.