Well, here we are, at the end of April. As much as I want to complain about the weather, I feel like having 80-degree days in March should cancel out the fact that I hate having to wear a coat on my birthday in April.
Anyway, April flew by this month, and I can hardly believe it’s over. However, I did accomplish a lot, so here’s my April check-in for you all.
Life’s List Items Crossed Off: 2. A Sub-30 5K (YAY!!!!) and one other surprise you’ll get to read about soon!
Miles Run: 46. Much better than last month!
- 5/12 – Move for the Kids
- 5/26 – Soldier Field 10 Mile
- 6/2 – The Color Run
- 6/9 – Chicago 13.1 (Thanks to Kim!)
- 9/2 – Disneyland Half Marathon
- 9/9 – Chicago Half Marathon
Even though I will be at well over 12 races this year, I am still shooting for a race a month. Still need something for July, August, October, November, and December. And I’m hoping for some of those to be CARA certified.
And speaking of CARA…
CARA Races Participation Award Update: 4 down, 6 to go. (Still need to sign up for 3 more)
Books Read: 3. Not great, but I’m still on track for my Goodreads Challenge.
Accomplishments for April:
- Graduated from physical therapy.
- Completed the Lakefront 10, pain-free!
- Got my hair cut.
- Celebrated my birthday with good friends and good food.
- Saw Snow Patrol at the Aragon.
- Video-chatted with my nephew for the first time. Well, I chatted, he bounced in his bouncy-seat.
Goals for May
- Work out more regularly.
- Train for and complete the Soldier Field 10 Mile.
- Create a curriculum for a reading program at work that I am really proud of.
- Clean my apartment. Really clean it.
- Use my Groupon for fondue before it expires.
- Stop being so hard on myself and use my tendancies to overanalyze everything I do and how it could have been better to make positive changes, instead of just beating myself up.
- Continue to do my therapy exercises at least 3x a week, even though I’m no longer meeting with my PT.
- Volunteer for Mayfest.
- Book flights to California.
- Keep on track for my Goodreads goal.
- Recruit at least one runner for Team Bookin It, and reach the $300 mark in my Half Marathon Fundraising by the end of the month. (Click here to join my team, or to help with fundraising!)